Chateau Zdechovice, Parish Zdechovice, stone gate


Four-winged, originally Renaissance chateau, built on the site of a former fortress, classically modified, with a court of honour and a chapel.

Originally a fortress mentioned in the second half of the 14th century, later a wooden chateau, which completely burnt down in 1803. Between 1951 and 53 the castle was used to house miners, in 1953 the military garrison moved in and left the castle in 1990.
In the second half of the 16th century the Žerotín family built a Renaissance chateau, rebuilt in Baroque style in the second half of the 18th century, with later modifications by Count Charles of the Paar family. In 1889, however, he sold it to Dr. Otto Mettal, a former professor of the higher school of economics in Libverda, and his wife Amalia, née. Šebek.

Nowadays the castle is owned by the municipality, which is gradually reconstructing it. The chateau is still undergoing repairs, as is the chateau park. The interiors preserve an extensive set of doors of high quality craftsmanship.

Address: Zdechovice 1, 533 11 Zdechovice

Parish Zdechovice
Late Baroque rectory from the 2nd half of the 18th century with preserved layout and structural design including vaults, original windows, some doors and heating equipment.

The stone gate, probably from the first half of the 19th century, is the official entrance to the Zdechovice estate. Later it was used as a grove house and therefore it is still called Mazánek's grove house.
Address: Stará pila 97, 533 13 Zdechovice

  Download all photos


facebook new-instagram-logo-png-transparent 
Alena Horáková
phone: +420 725 702 650

East Bohemia Film Office
náměstí Republiky 12
530 02 Pardubice
Czech Republic

{{ tidy_alt(config('')) }}